miércoles, 25 de noviembre de 2009

Starting a screenprinting shop

When I was 19, i got curious about how to print my own shirts with my own designs, but like all rookies i didn't know how or where to start, so I came up cutting a stencil and paint the shirt with a spraycan , and of course it didn't look the way I wanted it, in fact it looked horrible and a lot of good shirts were lost in this battle.

Later on I decided that if I wanted to learn screenprinting i had to work in a screenprinting shop, which i did for free. Now I know a lot about art and i'm confident giving out advise to whoever want to start a screenprinting shop from zero.

So you want to start a screenprinting shop uh? is more simple if you have a little experience that backs you up, do you know what you need? how much money? which machines are best for your needs?

First of all you need to know the impression quality you want to offer your customers, from this depends the equipment you might need to accomplish your goal.

If you're starting from zero and have customer demanding low qty's of shirts per week you might need to consider buying a manual press that can handle as many colors you want to offer.

* Gas or electric oven
* Inks
* Squeegees
* Light exposition table
* Pressure water pump

You will also need:
* Spraying gun
* Emulsion
* Screens

So basically if you manage to gather all this items you have a really potential screenprinting shop. I'll write more about inks, screens, and other cool stuff later on, so keep in touch.



any questions, please post them in comments of send me an email to
shirtquest@gmail.com


Thanks and stay Awesome!

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

My Blog List

Site Info

Founder and Editor: J. Soto You want your shirt or site reviewed on this site? send me your website address or better yet, send me a size Small tshirt and an email at shirtquest@gmail.com for more info.

Followers

SHIRT QUEST Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template